Indoor Bowls Club
Shop and Takeaway:
Monday - 10am-8pm
Thursday - 10am-8pm
All Other Days - Closed
or By Appointment
Every Day - Closed
Well things are starting to look a lot more positive; we are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. There’s no directive yet for the recommencement of indoor sports, non-essential retail, cafes, restaurants, pubs and clubs to re-open.
Schools start to go back in early June, then I’m hoping, fingers crossed it’s going to be our turn.
If there's not a second wave, we will probably know early to mid-June when we will be able to return.
In the meanwhile, I’ve started to prepare the club for the “new normal” and think about how we are going to manage social distancing, etc. Of course, eventually there will be strict guidelines, from the Government and the EIBA, so at this stage it’s a case of trying to pre-empt what these might be and to apply best practices.
So, additions are:
- 2 extra hand sanitising stations in the rink area.
- 1 extra hand sanitising dispenser in the foyer.
- 1 extra hand sanitising dispenser at the bar for staff.
- Pedal bins for waste in the rink area.
- Non-contact infrared thermometer (may have to be employed to check everyone or sample).
- Two standards of face masks have been sourced for purchase, if needed.
Other thoughts are:
- Hand shaking will certainly continue to be suspended.
- Probably only pairs and/or just singles play to start with.
- Probably need to extend time between games to allow for clean down of surfaces before play, and movement of players on and off the rinks.
- Possibly need to introduce one-way system in the bar, Ikea style.
I’m sure it’ll be worth it and all work out fine, stay safe....
Following the Government permitting non-essential shops to re-open on the 15th June, I am pleased to announce that the Bowls Shop at Clarrie will open every Monday and Thursday 10am-8pm, from Monday 15th June until further notice.
SALE: The shop will be having a Spring Clearance Sale with many lines reduced.
TAKEAWAY: Refreshments will be available while the shop is open.
The shop and takeaway will follow the Gov.uk guidelines for social distancing and hygiene standards. Please be patient and follow the instruction notices.
To help with social distancing during playing (when we resume), I have started to install, end of rink separating screens. These screens are 4 metres long and mounted over 2 metres high, they are suspended from above, giving clearance for the bowls to run under them, they are transparent and light weight. But most importantly they are a physical barrier between players on adjoining rinks, in the area where it is most populated. Thus, players need not to worry about the social distance with players on the next rinks, enabling them to concentrate solely on their own rink.
It's all happening !!